PHOENIX – With a first round of voting complete, 14 nominees remain eligible for induction into the West Coast Stock Car Hall of Fame later this year.
The nomination list, which began at 22, will be pared to five inductees as the Hall’s Class of 2016. Second round balloting by the organization’s Board of Directors will continue through the end of January. The final five names will be announced March 12 as part of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Good Sam 500 weekend at Phoenix International Raceway.
Induction ceremonies will be held June 23 at the Meritage Resort in Napa, Calif. The event again accompanies the annual NASCAR Sprint Cup and K&N Pro Series West weekend at nearby Sonoma Raceway.
The 14 nominees include six modern era drivers, five drivers from the pre-1970 historic era, two car owners and one industry agent/marketer. Several careers spanned both eras. They are, in alphabetical order:
- John Bickford, agent/marketer
- Mike Duncan, modern era driver
- Ron Esau, modern era driver
- Garrett Evans, modern era driver
- Michael Gaughan, car owner
- Johnny Key, historic era driver
- Doug McCoun, modern era driver
- Jim Pettit II, modern era driver
- Al Pombo, historic era driver
- Gene Price, modern era owner
- Clyde Prickett, historic era driver
- Oren Prosser, historic era driver
- Frank Secrist, historic era driver
- Jim Thirkettle, modern era driver
Hall of Fame nomination information is available from Owen Kearns, 661-735-5548, firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the West Coast Stock Car Hall of Fame, please visit WestCoastStockCarHallofFame.com. To obtain details about table sponsorship for the 2016 awards dinner, contact Jenniffer Wentzel at 623-463-5400.